Blog entries categorized as “townes van zandt”
Silver Lake 66 Announces Single, "Ragged Heart" by Paul Corsi
The new single from Americana duo, Silver Lake 66 about a well-worn heart and a broken relationship, is a modern take on California country, inspired by the ‘60s Bakersfield sound and performed by a stripped-down, just-the-facts backing band. Straight from the heart, Maria Francis sings about a hopeful love that doesn’t stop in spite of past mistakes and pain. The pedal steel guitar soars with an edgy telecaster adding fuel that makes the song go down like a smooth shot of bourbon.
The Bluegrass Situation Premieres New Single From Silver Lake 66 by Bri
Silver Lake 66 brings the Americana spirit to Portland and the world with their classic country sound and a bit of attitude. The Bluegrass Situation has premiered their newest single, "Ragged Heart"
Neil Holyoak Releases Dreamy Americana Album Rags Across the Sun (Out 9/9) by Janelle
"You will have to listen to the whole album very carefully. It is worth the effort." —Americana UK
AllMusic Premieres Neil Holyoak's Second Single "Red Queen Of Autumn" by Janelle
Earbuddy Premieres Neil Holyoak Single "Fancy Moonlight" by LeeAnn
"Holyoak’s deep, soothing vocals...are filled back and forth with poetic images. It just can’t get more romantically melancholy than that." - CMJ
The Other Side with Scratch Art Studios Founder Andy Krupp by Janelle
Scratch Art Studios founder Andy Krupp discusses why the revitalization of Detroit and the revitalization of rock and roll go hand in hand, tells why Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. is next on his list of bands he'd like to shoot, and gives independent artists a few tips to think about before hiring a music photographer in this week's Other Side.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
High Five! from BLIND ATLAS by Janelle
Raise a glass and a High Five! to BLIND ATLAS' favorite brews.This article appears in the High Five blog.
Blind Atlas to Release "Iron Wall" EP by Janelle
Manchester's Blind Atlas will release "Iron Wall" EP July 25th.
Blind Atlas - "My Proud Mountains" by Janelle
This animation was produced by Volkerfirma Creative for Blind Atlas' recreation of Townes Van Zandt's "My Proud Mountains".This article appears in the Videos blog.
Search the Blog Archives
- FORTIER, GLORIA left a comment on Mickelson Releases New Single, “No Such Luck”: Hey there you all.. this musician is an extradinary performer and ive seen him a lot of times first ...
- college paper writing service left a comment on GLG September Monthly Playlist: BBC6 Lauren Laverne- Lauren's Listening: Beneficial blog post!!!I am verwoerd glad that i find your general post here. Which appears to be wi...
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...
- Technic left a comment on American Songwriter Features Anabot In Daily Discovery: Good post. Thanks.