Blog entries categorized as “spotify”
Harp Samuels Announces Single, ”Away” by Bri
The new ambient folktronica single, “Away” from Melbourne singer songwriter Harp Samuels vulnerably depicts a new reality in the aftermath of losing a loved one. He captures the haze and strangeness of his father’s death and translates that into a whispering electronic ache that flows and floats about a distant, dark space.
How to Submit to a Collaborative Playlist by Bri
The year is coming to an end, and we need your help in creating our "Best of 2017" playlist. If you are as excited as we are to add a favorite song, but you just aren't sure how to add it to the collaborative playlist, you can read our instructions on how to do it.
Are You Burning Bridges to Spotify Playlisters? by Janelle
Spotify playlists are quickly becoming a major conduit to rack up streams, gain fans and followers, and get discovered. But how to you approach currators and land a coveted spot on a popular playlist?
4 Targeted Spotify Playlist Ideas Your Fans Will Love by Janelle
Getting on spotify playlists is one of the best ways for bands to promote their music. It can also be a bit of an uphill battle to simply get a Spotify curator to add you to a playlist. Here are some themes that can help maximize your exposure.
GLG July Monthly Playlist: Daytrotter - Too Hot To Trot by Bri
When it comes to discovering new music, it doesn't get much hotter than Daytrotter. Green Light Go has an entire "Too Hot To Trot" playlist inspired by artists featured on Daytrotter including: Flint Eastwood, Naked Giants, Holy Wave and more.This article appears in the GLG Monthly Playlist blog.
GLG Monthly Playlist: Indie Summer by Paul Corsi
Take a listen to this month's playlist, inspired by Paste and perfect for summer. Full of sun-drenched, feel-good music featuring Carseat Headrest, July Talk, and GLG's own Jupiter Deluxe Tube, Quicksilver Daydream, The Yorks, and Flagship Romance.
Tips For Getting Your Song On a Spotify Playlist by Janelle
You’re absolutely certain you want, no, you need, to get on an official Spotify playlist. The problem is you’re not sure how to reach the elusive curators and you’re struggling to get past 50 followers on Spotify. So where do you go from here?
GLG May Monthly Playlist: May We Know Them by Emily
Take a listen to this month's playlist, comprised of all female artists featured in music publication, American Songwriter. Packed full of strong women with strong sounds, feat. Angel Olsen, Lucius, Margaret Glaspy, and GLG's own Bonsai, Lauren Marsh, Merry Ellen Kirk, and Victoria Canal.
Utilizing Soundcloud to Drive iTunes Sales by Janelle
How can you market your music on SoundCloud to drive sales on iTunes? Read on to see five helpful steps.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Beth Bombara Announces National Tour by Kourtney Rogus
Beth Bombara announces national tour commencing July 9th in Columbia, MO
Sweden’s Moonbabies Releases First Album in Seven Years on April 28 by Janelle
The album explores a sense of Salvador Dali surrealism and vibrant dream pop rich in introspective shades, melodic hues, hazy instrumental washes and technicolor electronic explosions.
5 Tips To Make More Money Through Your Music Distributor by Janelle
Find out how can you maximize the relationship with your distributor to increase revenue for your band or record label with this special guest post from Symphonic Distribution's Janette Berrios.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
Search the Blog Archives
- faheem bashir left a comment on AllMusic Reviews The Incredible Vickers Brothers: Thanks for writing such a great post. I really appreciate you for this post. It was very helpful. Ke...
- FORTIER, GLORIA left a comment on Mickelson Releases New Single, “No Such Luck”: Hey there you all.. this musician is an extradinary performer and ive seen him a lot of times first ...
- college paper writing service left a comment on GLG September Monthly Playlist: BBC6 Lauren Laverne- Lauren's Listening: Beneficial blog post!!!I am verwoerd glad that i find your general post here. Which appears to be wi...
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...