Blog entries categorized as “social stance saturday”
Social Stance Saturday: What is Feminism? (by Miss Geo) by Bri
Does music provoke you? Does it help you form thoughts about yourself and society? Boston- based indie-electronic pop group, Miss Geo, have an amazing Social Stance blog post that explores the ideas of feminism in music and how their own identities as musicians are formed, and the ways the word "feminism" is changed by society. Read more now, and get inspired by these powerful women who are rising above societal norms and breaking stereotypes, all while being talented, working musicians.
Social Stance Saturday: The Power of Music (by The Shades) by Bri
How does music inspire you? Does it make you feel powerful? For the Chicago-based acoustic pop band, The Shades, their love for music expands far beyond themselves. They have paired up with Guitars Over Guns, an organization that uses music to mentor and strengthen their community. Read the inspirational story now!
Social Stance Saturday: All For One and... None For All (by Red Moses of Callow) by Bri
Inspired by real life events, San Francisco duo, Callow's upcoming album explores the frustrations faced by everyday people in society. People who are simply struggling to make ends meet, and make up a large percentage of society, are being squashed under the feet of the wealthy, who make up a much smaller percentage of society. Read Red Moses's Social Stance about the prblematic wage gap.This article appears in the Social Stance Saturday blog.
Search the Blog Archives
- faheem bashir left a comment on AllMusic Reviews The Incredible Vickers Brothers: Thanks for writing such a great post. I really appreciate you for this post. It was very helpful. Ke...
- FORTIER, GLORIA left a comment on Mickelson Releases New Single, “No Such Luck”: Hey there you all.. this musician is an extradinary performer and ive seen him a lot of times first ...
- college paper writing service left a comment on GLG September Monthly Playlist: BBC6 Lauren Laverne- Lauren's Listening: Beneficial blog post!!!I am verwoerd glad that i find your general post here. Which appears to be wi...
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...