Blog entries categorized as “rolling stone”
How to Pitch a Music Blog: Gorilla vs Bear by Paul Corsi
A lot of bands have Gorilla vs Bear at the top of their publicity wish lists. If you're interested in getting covered, what are the best steps you can take to get there?
Tips For Getting Your Song On a Spotify Playlist by Janelle
You’re absolutely certain you want, no, you need, to get on an official Spotify playlist. The problem is you’re not sure how to reach the elusive curators and you’re struggling to get past 50 followers on Spotify. So where do you go from here?
Cariad Harmon - Album Release Case Study by Paul Corsi
Case Study for Cariad Harmon Album Release CampaignThis article appears in the Case Studies blog.
Rolling Stone Reviews Cariad Harmon's Self-titled Sophomore Effort Out Now by Megan Fisher
"Weaving jazz and country inflections into her subtle acoustic guitar playing and singing with a calm, clear earnestness, she's pure in her traditionalism and refreshingly unironic in her ambitions." —Jon Dolan - Rolling Stone Magazine
4 Simple Steps to Creating a Killer Press List by Janelle
Sending emails after email to media and not getting a response? Find out how to create a killer press list to can help garner media coverage!This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
5 Reasons Why Your Favorite Music Blog Isn’t Covering You by Janelle
Frustrated your favorite blogs aren't covering you? Read this article to find out how to get them on your side.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
You Be My Heart Compilation - Album Release Case Study by Janelle
You Be My Heart Compiliation album release case study featuring Mark Kozelek, Marissa Nadler, Cloud Room, Maps + AtlasesThis article appears in the Case Studies blog.
The Other Side with Photographer Doug Coombe by Janelle
Detroit photographer Doug Coombe talks about how Outrageous Cherry motivated him to take photography courses, explains why he is still kicking himself for forgetting to bring a camera to Nirvana's show at St. Andrew's Hall, and reveals why it takes hard work, patience, and a decent sense of humor to shoot live bands.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
The Other Side with Photographer Joe Gall by Janelle
Real Detroit Weekly's Best Local Photographer of 2010 shares why fans can make or break a shot, lends advice to bands who are looking to hire an entertainment photographer, and explains why he'd love to tour with Foxy Shazam in this week's Other Side.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
Staff Infection: Nevermind by Janelle
Your Nirvana playlist is here!This article appears in the Staff Infection blog.
The Other Side with Paper Garden Records Founder Bryan Vaughan by Janelle
Paper Garden Records founder Bryan Vaughan shares what it's really like to run an independent label, explains why bands don't need to land a two-page spread in Rolling Stone to ink a record deal, and sheds light on the dos and don'ts of label shopping in this week's Other Side.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
The Other Side with The Red Alert's Adam McKibbin by Janelle
Adam McKibbin of The Red Alert talks to us on The Other SideThis article appears in the The Other Side blog.
Search the Blog Archives
- college paper writing service left a comment on GLG September Monthly Playlist: BBC6 Lauren Laverne- Lauren's Listening: Beneficial blog post!!!I am verwoerd glad that i find your general post here. Which appears to be wi...
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...
- Technic left a comment on American Songwriter Features Anabot In Daily Discovery: Good post. Thanks.
- Number 1 Fan!! left a comment on Angela Perley & the Howlin’ Moons to Release Hey Kid January 21, 2014 Album Gives Nod to Classic Hollywood: This Album is sure to take the world by storm!! I have seen the band play in settings ranging from a...