Blog entries categorized as “popmatters”
PopMatters Premieres Joel Levi by Paul Corsi
Americana singer, Joel Levi, announces his upcoming self-titled album, and PopMatters has the exclusive premiere of the first single, "Will We Ever Change?"
Popmatters Premieres The Qualia by Paul Corsi
Popmatters is premiering the new album, Cotillion Knives, from Brooklyn band The Qualia. You can hear all of the songs first, before they're available anywhere else.
Popmatters Premieres Stevie B Wolf "Alone + Alive" Video by Paul Corsi
Popmattesr premieres the music video for Stevie B Wolf's single "Alone + Alive."
PopMatters Reviews Beth Bombara by Paul Corsi
PopMatters Reviews Beth Bombara
PopMatters Exclusive Album Stream of Gwyneth Moreland's Ceilings, Floors, and Open Doors by Megan Fisher
"A singer/songwriter LP with the warmth and intimacy of a small house show." —Brice Ezell - PopMatters
PureVolume Premieres Indie Pop Remix of "She's A Devil" From Fire And The Romance by Janelle
PureVolume premieres a re-mix of the single "She's A Devil" featuring Detroit's Ghost Noise, who exchanges the original's fluttering keys and guitar riffs for icy electronics and menacing synths.
The Vinyl District Shares Indie Pop Single "Rescue" by Janelle
The Vinyl District shares Fire And The Romance’s single "Rescue" on the Press Play feature.
20 Questions with The Verve Pipe’s Brian Vander Ark by Megan Fisher
Brian Vander Ark chatted with PopMatters discussing his hidden talent, how Frozen can make a grown man cry, and his similarities to Hawkeye Pierce.
The Sound Of Confusion Premieres Indie Pop Single, "Champagne & Fire" by LeeAnn
"What you'll really come away with after listening to this song, is a huge pop chorus that will linger in your head and could be coming to a radio near you soon."
-The Sound Of Confusion
PopMatters and Blurt Review Golden Bloom by Janelle
"March to the Drums," Golden Bloom's latest EP, "offers us a 13-minute power pop taster that comes off as effortless, uplifting, and easy-going," according to the latest review at PopMatters.
The Other Side with PopMatters Founder Sarah Zupko by Janelle
PopMatters founder, senior editor, and publisher Sarah Zupko carves her own niche into the cultural criticism world to pave the way for indie bands and freelance journalists around the world.This article appears in the The Other Side blog.
Search the Blog Archives
- college paper writing service left a comment on GLG September Monthly Playlist: BBC6 Lauren Laverne- Lauren's Listening: Beneficial blog post!!!I am verwoerd glad that i find your general post here. Which appears to be wi...
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...
- Technic left a comment on American Songwriter Features Anabot In Daily Discovery: Good post. Thanks.
- Number 1 Fan!! left a comment on Angela Perley & the Howlin’ Moons to Release Hey Kid January 21, 2014 Album Gives Nod to Classic Hollywood: This Album is sure to take the world by storm!! I have seen the band play in settings ranging from a...