Blog entries categorized as “nxne”
Young Readers Announces Single, “Dancing” by Janelle
The album, Migrator, was written and recorded when Young Readers’ Jordan Herrera was experiencing a musical high where everything seemed to be going his way. Yet, there’s a rawness and subtle sorrow on the album foreshadowing the looming darkness that fell on his life for the next three years.
Quicksilver Daydream Announces June 16 Album Release by Paul Corsi
Adam Lytle, the creative spark behind Quicksilver Daydream, is a quiet individual who spends a lot of time alone with his thoughts in books and journals. He moved to Brooklyn from the farm where he grew up in a house nestled in the woods of Ohio, to a 1.5 bedroom apartment in one of the busiest cities in the world.
Neil Holyoak Releases Dreamy Americana Album Rags Across the Sun (Out 9/9) by Janelle
"You will have to listen to the whole album very carefully. It is worth the effort." —Americana UK
AllMusic Premieres Neil Holyoak's Second Single "Red Queen Of Autumn" by Janelle
Neil Holyoak plays NXNE- The Cameron House- 10PM by Janelle
Earbuddy Premieres Neil Holyoak Single "Fancy Moonlight" by LeeAnn
"Holyoak’s deep, soothing vocals...are filled back and forth with poetic images. It just can’t get more romantically melancholy than that." - CMJ
Young Readers Release New Single "Homesick" Out Now by Janelle
There is almost always a dreamy or imaginary quality to Young Readers indie folk songs; a sense that reality is suspended, even if for a few minutes.
GLG Fresh MP3 Friday: NXNE Showcasing Artists the Morals and Svavar Knútur by Megan Fisher
Fresh MP3 Friday Presents New Singles From the Morals and Svavar Knútur
My Old Kentucky Blog Premieres Angela Perley’s “Brooklyn Girls” by Janelle
"Nowhere Is Now Here is the strongest EP from Perley to date. With a fresh, modern take on folk, bluegrass and Southern rock, this girl has once again proved herself to be one of Ohio’s finest." –Carolyn Menyes - ACRN Radio
NXNE 2013 Welcomes the Morals to the Line-Up by Janelle
the Morals offer listeners heartbreaking harmonies and love ballads filled with raw sincerity, and their audience – much like their songs – is consistently building.
Walter Sickert & The ARmy of BRoken TOys Joins NXNE 2013 Lineup by Janelle
Walter Sickert & The ARmy of BRoken TOys are the spinners of a charming, demented fairy tale that gathers new characters all the time.
Golden Bloom Joins NXNE 2013 Lineup by Janelle
The 19th annual North by Northeast Music Festival will add a dose of melodic indie-pop to this year's event. Golden Bloom has been welcomed to the NXNE 2013 lineup.
Search the Blog Archives
- FORTIER, GLORIA left a comment on Mickelson Releases New Single, “No Such Luck”: Hey there you all.. this musician is an extradinary performer and ive seen him a lot of times first ...
- college paper writing service left a comment on GLG September Monthly Playlist: BBC6 Lauren Laverne- Lauren's Listening: Beneficial blog post!!!I am verwoerd glad that i find your general post here. Which appears to be wi...
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...
- Technic left a comment on American Songwriter Features Anabot In Daily Discovery: Good post. Thanks.