Blog entries categorized as “green light grow”
How To Engage With Your Fans by Paul Corsi
It's important to engage with your fans, but is social media the only place you can do that? Read on to find out a few other ways you can add to your list of marketing tools.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
5 Reasons Why Your Band Didn't Break That Have Nothing to Do With Your Music by Janelle
You might be scratching your head asking yourself why your band hasn’t made it big yet. There are a lot of reasons why – many of which are out of your control.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
3 Easy Tips To Consider Before Pitching to Music Bloggers by Janelle
You found a list online entitled, “100 Blogs You Should Contact Now.” You’re ready to start emailing those 100 blogs about your album right away, because like the list says, those are all blogs you should contact now.
There’s just one small problem. They might not be.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
5 Ways to Use Timeliness to Get Press Coverage for Your Music by Janelle
Timeliness is the most impactful coverage factor for your band. But how do you get a journalist's attention? Try these five newsworthy ideas to spark media interest and earn coverage for your music.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Are Facebook Ads Worth It? by Paul Corsi
Facebook is a worldwide, and possibly a lifetime phenomenon. How can bands utilize its tools, such as Facebook ads, to their advantage?
Less Is More: Why You Should Pitch Your Music to Fewer Publications by Janelle
Logic dictates that the more music bloggers you reach out to about your band, the more coverage you’ll receive. This is not necessarily true. Read on to find out why sometimes less is more.
6 Steps To Making Your Band Press Friendly by Janelle
Have you ever tried to reach out to media only to find the sound of a deep and resounding silence on the other end? If you want to increase the chances you’ll band will be covered then read on to find out how!
The Release: Local vs National by Paul Corsi
What's the difference between a local and national album release? There's more to consider than just booking your favorite venue. Here's what you need to know.
Here's the Best Time to Release Your Album in 2017 by Janelle
There are a lot of ebbs and flows throughout the year, which can create chaos for a band attempting to release an album. How do you know the best time to set your release?
6 Tips For a Successful Album Release by Janelle
You’ve put in the work, slogged through all the rewrites, did all your mastering, and now it’s album release time. Here are some tips to get you on the right path to a successful release.
Utilizing Soundcloud to Drive iTunes Sales by Janelle
How can you market your music on SoundCloud to drive sales on iTunes? Read on to see five helpful steps.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Making SMART Goals for Maximum Success in 2017 by Janelle
With 2017 upon us, it’s time to start looking at what you want to achieve in the new year. Maybe you’ve determined you want to play more shows or have a successful album release. But what does that really mean?
Search the Blog Archives
- Steve Locke left a comment on The Huffington Post Premieres Colonial Blue: I love “Break Your Bones”
- Kathlyn left a comment on Before I Was Famous: Maybe You Shouldn't Post That Song Just Yet: In addition to all of these great points, I think it is also worth noting that, as a musician, your ...
- Technic left a comment on American Songwriter Features Anabot In Daily Discovery: Good post. Thanks.
- Number 1 Fan!! left a comment on Angela Perley & the Howlin’ Moons to Release Hey Kid January 21, 2014 Album Gives Nod to Classic Hollywood: This Album is sure to take the world by storm!! I have seen the band play in settings ranging from a...
- P. left a comment on American Songwriter Streams Tallahassee’s Old Ways A Week Early: I just finished listening to the stream, and I’d say this is definitely Tallahassee’s st...