Blog entries categorized as “diy music publicity”
Picking the Best Song for Your Spotify Playlist by Janelle
The past few weeks I’ve focused on how to create and strengthen a Spotify playlist you create. This is the best tool a band can use when you have few followers, few accolades, no playlist activity outside your own, and virtually no media coverage.
You also want to make sure you’re setting yourself up to the best advantage. If you’re utilizing a playlist to get your own music heard, you should make sure you start with a song that has the best chance of being listened to repeatedly, shared on social media and shared on other playlists.
Read on for a few angles you can try!
How to Pitch a Music Blog: The Wild Honey Pie by Paul Corsi
How does your favorite band make it into your favorite music blog? That’s a great question. Trust me when I say that there is a lot more that goes into securing a placement in today’s top blogs than simply writing, recording, releasing, and sending in your music.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Ask a Publicist: What to Do When That Music Journalist Goes AWOL by Janelle
You may be thinking that if a journalist likes your music, he or she should just write about it. Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. Read on for three reasons why an interested journalist may have gone AWOL.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Should That Music Promotion Firm Give You a Deal? by Janelle
You’re a musician with not a lot of money, but you really want to hire someone to handle your music promotion. You don’t think you can do it without the professionals so you’ll just ask if they’ll cut you a deal, because, y’know, you’re a struggling musician.
If this sounds like you, read on to find out why a bargain publicity campaign isn't always in your best interest.This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Less Is More: Why You Should Pitch Your Music to Fewer Publications by Janelle
Logic dictates that the more music bloggers you reach out to about your band, the more coverage you’ll receive. This is not necessarily true. Read on to find out why sometimes less is more.
5 Ways Great Timing Stacks Music Blog Coverage In Your Favor by Janelle
When you are unknown band, you are already faced with the major challenge of no one knowing who you are. As a result, you have to give extra benefits in them covering you. You need to stack as much as you can in your favor. And timeliness is the best way to do that.
Here’s a few ways you can maximize timeliness.
5 Ways to Prepare for a Music PR Campaign by Janelle
If you really want blogs and the music industry to take you seriously, you need to have all your affairs in order. Whether you are running your own campaign or hiring a music publicist, there are five things you can and should do if you want to see a more successful campaign.
Publicity For The Poor Man by Paul Corsi
Is your most common thought, “I just want more people to hear my music?”
Is it then followed by, “Why does nobody listen to my music?”This article appears in the Green Light Grow blog.
Search the Blog Archives
- entim left a comment on 'Clarence' - This Way to the EGRESS: I used every article from this video to give clearance on clarence. That info we have to follow for ...
- Claybr left a comment on 'Clarence' - This Way to the EGRESS: Any user can follow the egress videos for having knowledge on clarence. That info and updates are ne...
- Dwas left a comment on Female Entrepreneur Podcast Features Naomi Wachira : This blog provided content is very important to learn about the female enterpreneur podcast features...
- ource left a comment on Bandcamp Features Naomi Wachira: This article is very important to band camp features and naomi wachira launched new topics. That eve...
- custom essay writing service left a comment on How To Engage With Your Fans: Amazing article. I am so impressed. I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings wit...