Green Light Go is Hiring!
Green Light Go Publicity is hiring a part time publicity assistant to work in a fun, energetic, and collaborative culture. The position has the potential to go full-time with opportunities for advancement within the company.
If interested, please send the following to email@example.com
- 5 bands you are currently listening to and how you discovered them
- Writing samples
- Why you are interested in the position and how you would like to grow within the company
Green Light Go Publicity is seeking a music publicity assistant with:
- 1+ years office experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Be extremely well-organized with the ability to consistently complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Passionate and in-depth knowledgeable about indie rock, electro pop and folk music
- Detail oriented
- Resourceful, a creative thinker
- Understanding of social media including Twitter, Facebook and Soundcloud
Job description includes:
Assist publicity team with:
- media research for client opportunities
- writing, editing and proofing press releases
- social networking
- pitching smaller blogs and media outlets
- coordinating administrative aspects of campaign with client
- Creating media pages and updating tour dates on website
- Updating daily coverage via social networks, client reports and media pages
- Compiling weekly and final campaign reports for clients
- Creating one sheets and mailing media labels to client
- Responsible for the management and upkeep of media lists and media database, etc.
- Invoicing and sending contracts to clients
- Coordinate and resolve vendor issues (office landlord, internet, etc)
- Update office supply list and order supplies.
- Coordinate weekly office cleaning
- Research media outlets for potential opportunities.
- Coordinate publicity intern program with local colleges
- Scout bands for the GLG roster
About Green Light Go Publicity:
Green Light Go Music PR launched in 2002 as a haven of honesty, integrity, and passion. We collaboratively serve as our bands ally and partner to help them reach their goals, while striving to be a place they can trust with an investment in their best interest.
Specializing in indie rock, indie folk, electro pop and Americana; we have a deep-seated passion for music and believe every great song, every great album, and every great band deserves to be heard. We believe it’s our role to share those songs, those albums, and those bands to fans and media who connect to a lyric, melody, and a band’s underlying beliefs. We don’t just love music. We LOVE music.
This passion drives our exclusive selection process on every band we decide to add to our roster. We look for bands with a clear vision of where they want to go, a sense of community and giving back, and most importantly kick-ass songs we want to share with everyone we meet. In a nutshell, we ask ourselves, “Do we LOVE them?”