Become a Summer 2017 Music PR Intern!
Application Deadline: April 17, 2017
Position: Music PR intern, Unpaid for college credit
We don’t just love music. We LOVE music!
Specializing in indie rock, indie folk, dream pop and Americana; we have a deep-seated passion for music and believe every great song, every great album, and every great band deserves to be heard. We believe it’s our role to share those songs, those albums, and those bands to fans and media who connect to a lyric, melody, and a band’s underlying beliefs.
We’re looking for music PR interns who are fun and friendly, self-motivated, great communicators/writers, resourceful, team players, detail-oriented, and have a strong desire to learn.
Learn how to promote bands album releases by:
- Writing effective press releases
- Targeting the right media contacts for a band
- Utilizing social media to spread awareness
- Creating Spotify playlists
- Branding a band effectively through imaging and storytelling
- Pitching media
Desired applicants will have completed at least four semesters of undergraduate course work in communications, public relations, journalism or music business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Be extremely well-organized with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Passionate and in-depth knowledgeable about indie rock, dream pop and folk music
- Detail oriented
- Resourceful, a creative thinker
- Understanding of social media including Twitter, Facebook, Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Familiar with Google Drive
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and 5 bands you’re currently listening to firstname.lastname@example.org